Join our free, interactive software tutorials to Work Smart on the
latest version of Q4
The tutorials are kept short to minimise impact on participant’s time and are scheduled on a rotational basis so users can join at a convenient time
Webinar Programme benefitsThis series of free short webinars provide practical demonstrations of the Q4 system to enable better understanding of its framework concepts and improve your daily use. Tutorials are performed by our in-house customer delivery team to show participants how to get the most out of the many features in the system.
How it WorksAll you need to get connected is web access and a telephone to hear the narration and ask closing questions. Webinars do not require you to download or install anything onto your computer. Registration requires your Company Name, Facility/Site, Your Name, Job Position and your Company e-mail address. After registering for a tutorial you will receive an email confirming the start time and date of the meeting, which you can use to add the upcoming event to your Outlook calendar. Shortly before the webinar begins (approx. 15 minutes), you will receive a similar reminder email containing a telephone number to call, a personal access number and a link to view the presenter’s screen. That’s all there is to it. Further information is provided in the invite emails should you need help. Our webinars are a combination of live use of our software supported with slides. There is no need to take notes – a tutorial document will be sent to you following the event.
TelephoneYour invite email contains a standard rate UK or USA telephone number for participating in the webinar. It also contains a link to provide an alternative local rate number should you be joining from elsewhere.
Attendee NoticesApart from the cost of your call, all current Engica webinars are free, but are provided only for registered attendees. Registration information should not be forwarded on to third parties without the written permission of Engica. Your colleagues are welcome to attend the event, but please direct them to the Engica webinar booking page, as access is granted on an individual level.
Select tutorial topic overview:
Lists are a core foundation of the system and your underlying data
We’ll discuss what makes up a list view in Q4, types of views and how to create them.
• Types of lists
• Configuring lists to your liking
• Manipulation of lists, including the creation of new lists by searching, tagging and extraction
• Saving lists and pinning them to your personal pin board menus
• Basic functionality of the list toolbar options and how they can be used to interact with your data
Get the most out of your Pin Board Menu
The basics of creating your own personal links to frequently used lists, documents and records using pin boards.
• Navigating to pin boards using the main menu
• Nature and content of pin boards
• How to pin a list or other object to your own personal board and edit its appearance
• Organising your pins into groups and their deletion
• Setting the pin board menu displayed when logging into Q4
The Pin Menus will be explained in detail together with examples showing the power of the facility.
A short tutorial helping users manage security
• Signing in to the system
• Password discipline
• Managing your personal profile using the profile tool
• An overview of system security
• An introduction to roles and skills
Using the power of the search facility to interrogate your data, and dynamically saving those searches for later use
Learn how to use the power of the search engine and recall searches for future use. The tutorial covers:
• List view, wildcard and direct searches
• Saving searches to your list views and pinning them to your Pin board
• Tagging and extraction of data from List views
• Grouping of data within a List view
Records and documents are a fundamental part of the system
Learn how to access and modify your records in this detailed webinar
• Accessing and modifying records
• Record related icon functionality
• Forms versus documents
• Toolbar icons and actions
• A brief look at searching and pin boards
An overview tutorial of the new main menu system offering central control
The Menu is undergoing a revision to a Main Menu central control panel containing:
• Pin Board Menus
• Desk Menus and Entity Menus
• On List View Menu
• On Record View Menu
The different Menus will be explained together with an overview of the services used in their configuration.