Vacancy: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, UK
Status: Permanent – Full Time Post
Salary: Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience and ability) and Bonus Scheme
Established in 1981, Engica has delivered highly successful Safety and Enterprise Asset Management software solutions to some of the world's largest companies.
We are one of the world's leading Safety and Maintenance software providers that delivers proven multilingual software systems to match precise client process
Headquartered in Gateshead, UK, with satellite offices in the USA, we have created a global reach by working together with several global partner networks including
the Microsoft Gold Partner network.
Engica's strength lies in both the robust capability of the software and the dedication and expertise of our staff. Whilst we're exceptionally proud of our product,
it's our support and customer service that enables us to retain customers, many for over 10 years!
Following the award of several new contracts, Engica are looking to strengthen their Software Development Team with the appointment of a talented Software QA Engineer
to assist in the development life cycle moving our industry leading product forward.
Responsibilities within the role will include:
- Developing strategies for improving quality
- Organising and designing Test Suites and Test Cases
- Improving the quality of builds for delivery
- Liaising with Project teams and Development
- Involvement in bug management and software error logging
- Analysis of business requirements
The ideal candidate will be:
- Be a motivated self-starter with good organisational skills and a clear commitment to deliver high quality products.
- Be precise with a good eye for detail and interested in leaving no stone unturned.
- Be Able to communicate with people at all levels
- Have qualifications or experience in the following:
- Any testing qualifications or certifications
- MS Office applications
- Team Foundation Server
- Browser based applications
- Have experience using Selenium for testing
- Be able to write their own Traceability Matrix for testing / debugging / troubleshooting purposes.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send a covering letter providing proof of your eligibility to legally work in the UK, your salary expectations,
and some insight into your Software QA experience (past testing regimes you’ve designed / implemented, examples of your testing reducing User Bug Report Incidents etc)
alongside your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Previous applicants need not apply.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES