Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, UK
Status: Permanent – Full Time Post
Salary: Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience and ability) and Bonus Scheme
Established in 1981, Engica has delivered highly successful Safety and Enterprise Asset Management software solutions to some of the world’s largest companies. We are one of the world’s leading Safety and Maintenance software providers that delivers proven multilingual software systems to match precise client process requirements.
Headquartered in Gateshead, UK, with satellite offices in the USA, we have created a global reach by working together with several global partner networks including the Microsoft Gold Partner network.
Engica’s strength lies in both the robust capability of the software and the dedication and expertise of our staff. Whilst we’re exceptionally proud of our product, it’s our support and customer service that enables us to retain customers, many for over 10 years!
Following the award of several new contracts, Engica are looking to strengthen their Software Development Team with the appointment of a talented Software Development Support Engineer to assist in the development life cycle moving our industry leading product forward.
Working alongside Software Developers and Project Managers assisting in the implementation of our software systems from Specification stage, through Configuration and Testing to final delivery of the software to site.
Responsibilities within the role will include:
- Work in all stages of the software development lifecycle from specification through to final delivery.
- Testing the software to ensure the quality of the delivered solution
- Configure software using cutting edge tools and produce documentation to the highest quality to support the delivery
- SQL Server database administration for development purposes.
- Manage your work and that of others involved. You will play a key role in the standard of the work that is delivered to customers
The ideal candidate will be:
- A motivated self-starter with good organisational skills and a clear commitment to deliver high quality products.
- Precise with a good eye for detail and interested in leaving no stone unturned.
- A ‘full stack’ developer who is familiar with each layer of the development stack eg:
- Server, Network, and Hosting Environment
- Data Modelling
- Business Logic
- API layer / Action Layer / MVC
- UI / UX
- Able to create SQL scripts to manipulate data with the ability to investigate any issues that are reported to you by the projects team.
- Experienced or qualified in a variety of the following areas will be advantageous:
- Formal testing qualifications or certifications
- MS Office applications
- Team Foundation Server
- Browser based applications
How to apply
If you are interested, please send a covering letter providing proof of your eligibility to legally work in the UK, your salary expectations, and some insight into your Development experience (outline experience with various programming languages, examples of work on GitHub, Stack Overflow rep etc) alongside your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Previous applicants need not apply.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES